Henry Mancini Academy at Lincoln Park
Student, Parent, Faculty and Staff Code of Conduct
I recognize the commitment that all supporters of my school and home have made for me to attend classes at Mancini Academy. I will do my part:
• I will arrive on time to class, dressed and ready, without my cell phone and chewing gum.
• I will attend class on a regular basis. High absenteeism is grounds for dismissal.
• I will wear the proper dance attire.
• I will wear my hair pulled back neatly and securely off of my face.
• I will use the restroom before, between or after class.
• I will use language and behavior which is appropriate to use in a school.
• I will respect my parents and teachers always.
• I will be polite to all students, staff and instructors at all times.
• I understand that I can be dismissed from class for misbehavior.
• I understand that I am responsible to learn in class and practice at home my choreography, songs, monologues or any material that the instructor has taught me.
I recognize the importance of theatre and dance in the lives of young people. I pledge that I will participate in my child’s activities in accordance with the following:
• I will promote teamwork and sportsmanship for all students in a positive manner.
• I will support my child’s class and teachers, and resolve to allow the teachers to manage their students as they feel best benefits the entire class.
• Because I am a role model for my child as well others, my personal conduct at the academy must be above reproach, and represent the highest standards.
• I will refrain from questioning the judgment, in regard to classes and curriculum, of faculty. I will do this out of respect for the professionals that they are and for their craft.
• I will engage in confidential conversations with faculty and parents outside of the classroom, over the phone or email, and not in the school hallway.
• If I have a complaint I will offer my concern in a kind and respectful way and bring it to the director as soon as possible.
• I will notify Mancini Academy about absences from class in a timely manner.
Faculty and Staff Pledge
We recognize the need to provide professional theatre arts instruction for our students to grow in their talents and gifts and to provide a safe, encouraging and energetic learning environment.
• We offer positive support for each child in their effort to learn and to challenge themselves
• We will demonstrate the foundational lessons required of dancers, singers, and actors.
• We will communicate through email and letters (as necessary) the information, important dates, events and the schedule for the semester.
• We expect each child to exhibit age appropriate behavior and we will make every effort to reach children through their learning style and to teach to their efforts to learn.
• We strive to treat the members of the Mancini family with respect and care.
- Mancini Academy “Home Is Where the Heart Is” Performance December 13, 2017!
- Fall Class Dates through December 2017
- Henry Mancini Academy at Lincoln Park is an official Angelina Ballerina Dance Academy!
- Henry Mancini Academy at Lincoln Park Course Brochure
- Delays and Closures Posted on KDKA, WTAE, WPXI and our Facebook Page